Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Wonder of Knowing Jesus.


"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him. Not having a righteousness of my own, that comes from obeying the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings becoming like him in his death and to attain resurrection from the dead."

Philippians 3:8-11

When I read these words of Paul I feel an overwhelming gratitude and wonder at our opportunity to know the God of the Universe. He calls it a "surpassing greatness". Everything the world offers is garbage compared to this knowing of God.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
for whom I have suffered the loss of all things; he dropped all confidence in his carnal privileges, and civil, ceremonial, and moral righteousness, for Christ and his righteousness; he parted with all for this pearl of great price; he lost his good name, credit, and reputation among men, and suffered afflictions and persecutions in various shapes; he lost the comforts of life, being often in cold and nakedness, in hunger and thirst, and was ready to suffer the loss of life itself for professing and preaching Christ:

http://bible.cc/philippians/3-8.htm

9 comments:

Sherry Ellis said...

IN the end, God is all that matters!

betty-NZ said...

It's hard to live in this world, but knowing that a better one awaits makes it worthwhile.

Desiray said...

It's better to know God now than to wait til He comes and try to know Him for it will be late...and much harder book of revelations speaks about how hard it will be. Come and taste and see how good the Lord is and seek Him now while it's still time..AMEN

Just Be Real said...

Belle, I am having issues with Blogger (see my most recent post) and your blog may be one that I am having difficulty commenting on. I have found a way around it for not. Blessings.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Me too...so grateful for knowing the One who created the world...and everything including us in it.

Belle said...

Hi everyone and thanks. Just Be Real, I have had some trouble on your blog also. I'll check today and see if it is working now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Belle,
Thanks for your stopping by and for your lovely comment. :)

Hugs,
Tammy

Just Be Real said...

Hi Belle, you should not have trouble going to my blog. It is on my end that I have the problem when I leave comments. Blessings.

Lúcy Jorge said...

Peace,

A shower of blessings descend upon your home!

_..._ ..._(... (  ...).._
  (_....__..._) _(.. (  ...)
  /(_...._)(_...._..._)\
 // / / / / | \ \ \ \
 / / / / | \ \  \
/ /  /  /  | \  \  \
♥ ♥    ♥  ♥ ♥   ♥    ♥ 
♥ ♥   ♥   ♥    ♥ ♥ ♥   ♥
♥   ♥   ♥  ♥   ♥ ♥
 ´´´, •♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥•
´´´¢/Λ\♥♪♥♥♪♥♥♪♥♪♥♥♪♥♪♥•
´´¢/...\♥♪♥♪♥♥♪♥♪♥♥♪♥♪♥♪♥•
´¢/ ๑۩ ๑\♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥•
¢/๑۩۞۩๑_ \♪♥♪♥♪♥♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥
¨▓¨.♪♥♥♪.▓♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥•|||
¨▓¨.♪♥♥♪.▓¨★★★★★★★★★★|||
¨▓¨.♪♥♥♪.▓¨★★★★★★★★★★|||
¨▓¨.♪♥♥♪.▓••••••••••••••••••••
¨♥♥======♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
¨♥♥======♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


Your comment gladdened my heart, their presence is important for me to follow my blog will make my space more beautiful still.
I await your return ...

Peace, health and happiness to you and your entire family is my wish and prayer.

In Christ,

***Lucy***