Saturday, January 25, 2014

God Can Do Anything.




"So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty."  Zechariah 4:6

God said this to encourage Zerubbabel in his building of the 2nd temple in Jerusalem.

Pulpit Commentary
 "Doubtless Zerubbabel was dispirited when he thought how much there was to do, how feeble the means at his disposal (Nehemiah 4:2), and how formidable the opposition; and nothing could better reassure him than the promise of Divine aid."

 "What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of 'God bless it! God bless it!'" Zechariah 4:7

God says he will level mighty mountains for us. Not by our power or might but by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

God has leveled mountains of difficulty for me and He will do it for everyone. 

"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"  Jeremiah 32:27

In our prayers we need to believe God can do anything but also say with Jesus, when he asked to not have to go to the cross, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42

No comments: