Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where Are You God?


I like reading the Psalms. Those people griped and ranted about everything. They didn't hold back their feelings when talking with God, they were totally honest with him.
"Why do you stand afar off O Lord?" Psalm 10:1
"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my groaning." Psa.5:1
"Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am pining away." Psa.6:2
"How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? Psa.13:1
And then there is the verse Jesus quoted while hanging on the cross. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Psa.22:1

At the end of each Psalm there is an answer to the questions; total trust in God's goodness and power. At the end of the last verse that Jesus quoted it says, "He has not despised the affliction of the afflicted. Nor has he hidden his face from him. But when he cried to him for help, he heard." Ps. 22:24

Jesus felt his father had left him, and sometimes we feel like that too. The thing is, it isn't true, it is just a feeling. The Bible says God was with his son on the cross, but with the sin of the world on him and the suffering he was going through Jesus didn't feel God's presence. Yet just like the Psalms, Jesus died trusting in God the Father's goodness. He said, "Into your hands I give my spirit."

My faith and trust is small. I just pray God will make me be like Jesus who trusted in spite of his sufferings.

No comments: