Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goals.


Many times I read blogs that advise us to have goals in our lives. I think it is good to have goals; having something to strive for can be invigorating and can move us along to a better path.

But I read something the other day that explained God's goals for us. I like what this person wrote. I'm sorry I can't give them credit, but I don't know who wrote it.

"If I can stay calm, faithful and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me. God is not working toward a particular finish. His purpose is the process itself. It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God."

Day by day, God teaches us. We are hanging on the vine, ripening as we learn more and more how to bear the fruit of the Spirit. This is the process we all must go through. The Lord is teaching me to become calm, faithful and unconfused when trials come. I used to panic, I used to get depressed and I used to get angry. Day by day, God is teaching me to trust him.

As Paul says, "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I have learned how to live with little, I have learned how to live with abundance. I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:12

No comments: