Saturday, March 5, 2011

Two Men at Church.


This is a story from Jesus. I put a little twist on the story. In the Bible, Jesus called one of the men a tax collector - I call him a used car salesman.


One day, Jesus told a story about two men who went to the temple to pray. One man, a preacher, thanked God he was not like other men. "I don't commit adultery, or steal, nor am I unjust. I fast twice a week and I give ten percent of all my money to the church.

The other man, who was a used car salesman, was ashamed to even look up to heaven and said, "God have mercy on me, for I have done many wrong things."

Jesus said, "I tell you, the car salesman went home forgiven, but not the preacher. For everyone who is proud of himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be lifted up."

No comments: