Thursday, April 26, 2012

It is Never too Late.


I read a true story recently where a man went to take communion at his church  and afterwards said to his wife. "Everything I have done is worthless." He died of a heart attack two days later. He was an author of novels, screenplays and short stories. He was well known, rich and admired. But I think the Spirit of God spoke to him at church that day. I think this man saw his life as it truly was in the eyes of heaven. 

What he said brought Solomon to my mind. He had tried everything, tasted everything, experienced everything and yet...
"Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." Ecclesiasties 2:11

The author's wife said later that he was in the middle of writing a novel and had told her what the last words would be, "...I believe in God."

I don't think we need to despair if we look back on our lives and find we have wasted most of it or done nothing worthwhile. Of course it would be better if we had done some good, but it shows the mercy and loving kindness of God that he will accept us just as we are at each step of our life.

Paul says in 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials--gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.

If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames."

7 comments:

Shelly said...

I agree with you, Belle- there is no condemnation now, and we shouldn't be haunted by what we have/ haven't done. God's mercy and love erase that condemnation from us.

It is good to see your post. I as just thinking about you and praying for you this morning.

BelovedBomber said...

I am so glad you are back. Praying and believing that you are feeling better. I hope to be building upon the One strong foundation according to the architectural plans that the Master builder gives me. When it is all said and done the best I have is "I trust in Jesus."

Just Be Real said...

Good to see you dear one. I am getting better in this area with not condemning myself in the present. Still struggle a bit for my past though. Blessings to you Belle!

Belle said...

Hello Everyone, I did get some new pills from my doctor and felt much better today although not all the way back. Thanks for your prayers. Praise God! Blessings to everyone!

Desiray said...

I enjoyed this blog Belle that is why it is so important we don't get caught up in things. You know I recently spoke on King Solomon and in 1 Kings and how he obtain all his riches and how later he said in Eccel. that is was all nothing but smoke spitting in the wind...

Just Be Real said...

Belle, I hope you are continuing to feel better. Safe hugs.

Belle said...

Thanks my friends. I am even better today so I am hoping for good things.