Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blessed Are They.


And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on."

"Blessed indeed," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!"

Revelation 14:13

I read this verse this morning and it gave me peace and joy. I think about my grandson, who recently died, and I think about how his deeds of kindness have followed him. I think of how he can now rest from this life, which was difficult for him.

God and the Holy Spirit say Craig is blessed. Who am I to argue? He is blessed and I will see his smiling face again.

6 comments:

Sylar said...

nice post :P
+follow

SueH said...

Thankyou for this - just learned a friend has suffered a sudden bereavement, I may share this as and when the appropriate opportunity arises - at the moment they are raw with grief.

betty-NZ said...

It's good to know that He gives peace even when our hearts are broken into pieces.

Belle said...

Sylar- Thank you.

Sue- I'm sorry your friend and their family are grieving. I have found God's promise to keep us in perfect peace, while our mind is stayed on Him, to be true.

Betty- Yes, he gives peace to our hearts through the hardest times of our lives.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that we have such hope when our lives on earth are over. Oh, what joy the hope of heaven brings to my heart! Thanks for this post!

Belle said...

I rejoice in the Lord for his promise of heaven and a life forever with Him!