Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Love Fulfills the Law.



Jesus said, "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love." John 15:10

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. John 15:12

And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 1John 3:23

Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:10

I love the law of God. It isn't a bunch of, "Thou shalt nots..." to me. The first four commandments deal with love and respect for God. The last six commandments deal with loving people. If you love, you will not steal, lie, kill or envy anyone.


4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Brilliant.

God bless.

Belle said...

Hi Victor, and I'm glad you liked what I wrote. Blessings to you also.

Just Be Real said...

Belle, appreciate you sharing, thank you. Hugs.

Belle said...

Thanks, Sweetie.