Monday, May 6, 2013

Why Heaven?

I was reading a Bible study called, "God, It's Not Fair!" by Steven Cole. It's a great study of the unfairness of life. He puts a question out for readers:

What is it that chiefly makes you want to go to Heaven? Is it so you can talk and be with God?

http://bible.org/seriespage/psalm-73a-%E2%80%9Cgod-it%E2%80%99s-not-fair%E2%80%9D

I asked myself this and I thought, "What would I talk with God about? I couldn't think of anything except to say "Thank you." I guess I want to go to Heaven mainly because of being with family members forever in beautiful nature. I think of having a life with no problems or irritations and traveling heaven and the universe seeing all God has made. I don't think about talking with anyone else but family, but that is probably because I have social phobia. I won't have that up in heaven.

I will say I am sick of the way we run this world. I long for a life with no cars, no shopping, no cooking, no bills, no weeds, not too hot and not too cold, no sickness, no sorrow, no parting. I thank God I can look forward to this.

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Belle, I really never have given it a thought what I would talk to God about either. I just want to be in His Presence. Because, Heaven is a much better place to be than here on earth. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

That is true! We would be so happy so the only thing we would say, "Hey Daddy I did this thing today!" But I just want to see His beautiful face and play all day! HAHA!
Ugh I'm homesick, aren't we all?
Hugs and blessings Belle ♥

Belle said...

Just- Yes, I think just being in his presence will be great - to hear what he says.

Ashley -Yes, I am homesick. This world doesn't feel like home.