Thursday, May 2, 2013

Two Janitors.

Hello Everyone! I'm busy packing for our move to a new apartment so I've been off-line for awhile. 

We move in May 9th. I was reading a book called, "Let Prayer Change Your Life," by Becky Tirabassi. It's a great book with many stories of how her life changed when she decided to spend one hour praying every morning. 

What I would like to share though is an excerpt of her story of her conversion and how she accepted Christ. Here it is:

"For six years, from the ages of fifteen to twenty-one, I followed all the "popular" trends: going to wild parties, drinking, dancing, bar hopping, and using drugs. I was caught in a downward spiral - going from a normal, happy, all-American kid to becoming an alcoholic drug addict with suicidal tendencies.

An unusual course of events led me to a small church with one born-again, Spirit-filled janitor on its staff who loved to share the person of Christ with the lost. Never, in my wildest thoughts, would I have imagined my life turning 180 degrees one hot, sunny, August California afternoon at the persuasion of this janitor.

How did he convince me to be born again when my boyfriend, lifestyle and future looked so worldly? He spoke these words: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." And though this janitor knew of my past and present, he told me Jesus loved me - just the way I was."

When I read this, I thought of the janitor of my church school. When he retired, the school told everyone this janitor had given money every year to put a child through school. On his small salary, he had helped many children and teens have their dream of a Christian education.

No matter where we are in life, no matter what our job or status, we can be a shining light for Christ.


No comments: