Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Did it My Way.

"People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord." Proverbs 19:3

...and his heart frets against the Lord; laying all the blame on him; and ascribing his failure, not to his own sin and folly, but to divine Providence, which works against him; and therefore he frets and murmurs at God; and, instead of blaming himself with folly, blames the ways of God,
http://bible.cc/proverbs/19-3.htm

I read recently about a woman who for twenty years ate only candy, smoked 4 packs of cigarettes a day and drank nothing but coffee. When she became ill in her 60s she asked, "Why am I sick?"

When I was young, I married an atheist. I was not converted at the time but I did believe in God and I knew he didn't. I married him anyway and our marriage had a lot of sadness in it because I would not do the things he did or live the way he wanted. We were "unequally yoked" and we both suffered for it.

After we were divorced, I was dating a man who was not a converted Christian but he did go to church with me. I had been alone for years and was terribly lonely. This time I asked God if I could marry him. God said, "What concord has Christ with Belial?" The answer was no.

I'm so glad I didn't marry that guy - he turned out to be quite evil. I love being married to a Christian man who never asks me to do wrong and understands spiritual things.

We can certainly ruin our lives by our own foolishness as the Bible says. And then we could blame God for our unhappiness. But the way to true happiness is obeying God because He knows what is best for us.


No comments: