Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Getting to the Point of, "Thy will be done."

My younger daughter, Christine, has had a turbulent relationship with God. She left our church at 14, the age I told my daughters it was up to them if they wanted to go or not. Both of them chose "not". I don't believe in forcing religion on anyone, even my own children.

After having her third child, who has OCD, she started praying for and with her child. God did not heal her little girl so Christine became very angry at him. I remember one Thanksgiving, when we usually went around the table to say what we were thankful for, Christine said, "We aren't doing that this year." She felt she had nothing to be thankful for with her daughter in such mental pain and herself depressed and sleep-deprived.

When my grandson, her nephew, died she couldn't accept what God had allowed. She was even more angry. But her daughter has gotten better as she aged, not cured, but much better and I think she can now understand why God took our precious boy.

Anyway, she had a huge breakthrough this last week. She told my sister and I that she had finally given up on her own will about life and said, "Your will be done," to God. She said it was a real struggle, but she did it. She had been begging God to sell her house and find her a new job and nothing was happening. After she told him she would accept his will for her no matter what, we got an offer on the house and two people phoned her for job interviews. She decided against the jobs, but it showed her that God will work for her. We will know if the house sale is final on Friday, but it looks like she will be okay if it doesn't.

I am so happy for her. Leaving everything up to God is something all Christians must learn and as my mom said, "It isn't always easy." She says she regrets the two times she told God she wanted her own way and demanded the answer she wanted. There were sad consequences both times.

I just want to praise and thank God for working on my daughter's heart all these years. I've prayed for my family since they were all born and I see His Spirit working on everyone. Thank you God!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Belle...that is BEAUTIFUL!

I will say a prayer for Christine with her life changing breakthrough.

Thy will be done!

Love to you! Carol

Shelly said...

How wonderful! God is always so very faithful, even when we question or doubt Him.

Belle said...

Thank you, friends. Love to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Ah it's hard to know that we have to trust God. Sometimes we want our own desires, but thats not the case. I remember a scripture, not sure what verse but it was "you receive not because it's for your own desires" meaning we want what's we think is best for us, but only really God can see into the future! God is mysterious!
Hugs ♥

BelovedBomber said...

God is faithful, and He hears your consistent, persistent prayers! Many blessings!

Belle said...

Hello, Ashley and Beloved. Yes, our own desires can lead us down the wrong path. Blessings to you.