Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Women Praying Together.



I've been reading, "What Happens When Women Pray," by Evelyn Christenson. It is a wonderful book I recommend to everyone. She is a lady who brought 'prayer chains' into churches. At the end of the book she encourages everyone to have a prayer partner. I don't have that right now, although I have prayed with my family and husband from time to time. After reading this book I've decided to ask my Mom and sister to be my prayer partners.

Evelyn writes about a time when a Christian school was in desperate financial trouble. The church was having a prayer meeting about it and a woman walked in that Evelyn didn't care for. Here is an excerpt from the book:

The Lord  began to rebuke me, "Evelyn, that is sin." Do you remember our first prerequisite to answered prayer? "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me." I suddenly realized that I was about to spend my morning in prayer with sin in my heart! I prayed, "Lord, please give me the attitude you want me to have toward that woman, whoever she is."

That day God gave me a surprise. Guess who prayed first at that prayer meeting? She did. And as she started to pray, I suddenly realized that this woman had a dimension to her prayer life that I knew nothing about. She said, "Thank you Lord that the money didn't come through yesterday." She went on, "Now, Lord you have given us the privilege of being on our faces before you this morning with a desperate need. Lord, what a privilege this is. Thank you, Lord. And thank you that today the school's president has the privilege of being on his face before you with his need. Thank you that the whole staff has this tremendous need, and thank you that they have the privilege of being on their faces before you."

I love how this woman knew what a privilege it is to pray to our Father in heaven. I love how she saw that troubles are a holy opportunity to let God do His work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We often have to realize God is so jealous for us and wants us so much He is willing to humble us for our own goodness sake.
Thank you for sharing, I will remember that scripture of have iniquity in my heart.
I don't feel right in my spirit if I don't tell things to Daddy, it's like my spirit hurts.
Hugs and blessing ♥

Belle said...

Hi Ashley! It is wonderful to know we can go to God with all our sins and he accepts us immediately. God bless.