Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Answer is Jesus.



Today, my husband irritated me and I thought, "You are such an Idiot!" I prayed and asked God to help me accept my hubby as he is and love him from my heart.

Sometimes I think, "Belle, your life is useless and you have made terrible mistakes all your life." So, I pray and ask God to help me not to think I am useless and I try to think of all the things I do for the family.

I haven't been on a vacation for three years and start feeling sooo sorry for myself. So, I pray and ask God to make me be content with my life and all I have. I ask him to help me not to want too much out of this life.

Because I can't do the things I used to do, such as walk for miles in the mountains, I feel angry and sad at the same time. I have to ask God to help me accept my limitations and rejoice in what I can do.

I hate shopping and feel upset about going. So, I pray and ask God to give me the physical and emotional strength I need to do it.

I realized this morning how many negative and bad thoughts I have each and every day! How I need God. Where would I be without Him? I guess I would be a divorced, bitter and discontented old woman. I thought about what Paul said when he wrote about how he wanted to do good but couldn't..."Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?" 

I'm glad he didn't finish with that sentence, instead he said..."Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin."

3 comments:

Carol said...

I think all the time...where would I be without my faith? Thank you for the post and gentle reminder.

Happy day to you Belle!

BelovedBomber said...

The law is good but grace is glorious! I would have to challenge Paul that I may be the worst sinner of all :) but I am so thankful for God's grace.

Just Be Real said...

Right on Belle.