Saturday, March 30, 2013

In Darkness, God is a Light.



"When I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me." Micah 7:8

Charles Spurgeon writes about this verse:

"This may express the feelings of a man or woman who is downtrodden and oppressed. Our enemy may put out our light for a season. There is sure hope for us in the Lord; and if we are trusting in Him and holding fast our integrity, our season of down casting and darkness will soon be over."

"We shall rise from our fall, for our God has not fallen and he will lift us up. We shall not abide in darkness, although for the moment we sit in it; for our Lord is the fountain of light, and He will soon bring us a joyful day. Let us not despair or even doubt."

Works of Charles Hadden Spurgeon

I have had seasons of darkness when I thought I could never feel happiness again. But I was wrong. The Lord did lift me up. The Lord was a light for me. The promises in the Word of God are true.

5 comments:

BelovedBomber said...

Praise God! No matter how many times we fall, He picks us back up again! Happy Resurrections!

Carol said...

Beautiful post! For everything there is a season. All the seasons of our lives are filled with so many blessings. They are filled with positive and negative, good, bad, happy and sad. It is our job to journey through our seasons depending on God's love and grace to see us through.

Easter Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

Good Resurrection Morn, Belle, May we experience His Resurrection Power today and forevermore! Happy Resurrection Celebration! Thankful the grave was found empty.

Just Be Real said...

Thank you Lord for the Hand of God always there to catch and reach out. Blessings to you Belle.

Belle said...

Blessings to all of you. Thanks for dropping by!