Sunday, October 27, 2013

God in A Messy World.



I heard a preacher say, "We live in a messy world." I totally agree with him. Almost every day we run into a mess. Traffic, sickness, nasty co-workers, family problems - it goes on and on. The people who follow God also have messes in their lives because we live on a dysfunctional planet. But the preacher went on to say, "The only thing messier than following God, is not following God."

I've thought about that lately. I've thought about how hard life can be but then thought about how my life would be without God in it. It wouldn't be just messy, it would be a horrible disaster.

If God were not in my life, I would not be speaking to anyone in my family. They have all hurt me at one time or another but I learned forgiveness from God; therefore, I not only speak with them, I love them dearly.

If God were not in my life I would be drunk - a lot. He took drinking away from me and I'm so glad he did.

If God were not in my life my marriage would be over. Without Him I couldn't have overlooked the things my husband said when we fought. I couldn't have let my husband be himself and accept him just the way he is. I would have left him and gone out to face the world alone without his support and love.

If God were not in my life I would have committed suicide by now. I came close even when he was in my life, so I know I would have done it. Life was just too painful - but with God's strength and love I can make it through each day.

I sometimes look at people and think, "How can you not want God in your life? How can you think this life is all there is and be okay with that? How can you not think about nor want eternal life?" I'll never understand it. I just pray everyone in the world will find out how wonderful it is to have God in your life.




No comments: