Friday, October 4, 2013

Laodicea - The Last Church.

In the previous post, I wrote about Christianity's condition just before Jesus returns. This church is called Laodicea. It is a rich and proud church; one that feels no need of God, they are doing just fine themselves.

The most frightening thing God says to Laodicea is, "I will spit you out of my mouth." If Christians don't repent and ask God to help them, this is what God will do. Why would you spit something out of your mouth? Because it is nauseating and repulsive. What a terrible and sad condition to be in. May God help us.

Jesus gives us all a chance though. He says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." Revelation 3:20,21

So, Laodicea has not asked Jesus into their hearts. That is the root of the problem. We cannot be saved or even be good people if Jesus is not invited into our hearts. And these Christians have not done that because they feel no need of Him. 

Is it any wonder the world thinks Christians are unkind and disgusting when some shout, "God hates gays," and so many of them want to cut out welfare, food stamps and government programs for the poor. This is not what Christ did or would want us to do. 

I know there are many true Christians who do want to help the poor. But, in the verses about Laodicea they must be the minority because these verses are speaking of the majority of Christians. May God help us to repent and ask Jesus to come in and eat with us.

No comments: