Tuesday, December 31, 2013

How to Persuade Unbelievers.

http://www.dsmedia.org/resources/illustrations/sweet-publishing

"But we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block, and to the Greeks foolishness; but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men."
1 Corinthians 1:23-25

Charles Kingsley writes about this verse:

Know, that when all your arguments and philosophies have failed to teach men what they ought to do, one earnest penitent look at Christ upon his cross will teach them. That their hearts will leap up in answer, and cry, "If this be God, I can believe in him. If this be God, I can trust him. If this be God, I can obey him."

That one look at Christ upon his cross will make them  - what you could never make them - a new man, filled with a new thought; the thought that God is love, and that he who dwells in love, dwells in God and he in them.

Paul said, "And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."
1 Corinthians 2:1-2


After I had my first child, I began reading the Bible and praying. Later, I went to an evangelistic meeting with my mother and grandmother. I enjoyed all the sermons on prophecy and the Ten Commandments. But one night the preacher explained the sacrifice Jesus made on the Cross. I felt amazed by the love of God for me and I felt love for Him; that was the night I walked down the aisle to give my life to God and was later baptized. The story of the cross is what saved me.




No comments: