Thursday, October 9, 2014

Never Alone.


Dwight L. Moody's Testimony.

For twenty years I have made this a rule. Christ is just as habitually near, as personally present to me as any other person living; and when I have any troubles, trials, and afflictions, I go to Him with them. When I want counsel I go to Him, just as if I could talk face to face with Him.

Twenty years ago God met me one night and took me to His bosom, and I would sooner give up my life to-night than give up Christ, or that I should leave Him, or that He should leave me, and that I should have no one to bear my burdens, or tell my sorrows to. Why, He is worth more than all the world beside; and to-night He will have compassion upon you as He had upon me.

I tried for weeks to find a way to Him, and I just went and laid my burden upon Him, and then He revealed Himself to me, and I have ever since found Him a true and sympathizing friend, just the friend you need. Go right straight to Him. You need not go to this man or that man, to this church or that church. “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

From the book, "Wondrous Love."

I gave my life to God when I was nineteen and it was the best decision I ever made. Moody is right, it is wonderful to go to him constantly with the problems of life or to rejoice with him in the goodness of life. We are never alone in this world as long as we have Jesus.

No comments: