Saturday, November 29, 2014

Am I Saved?



From the Writings of

Dwight L. Moody

A great many people say, "Mr. Moody, I would like to know if I am saved." The longer I live, the more I am convinced that it is one of the greatest privileges of a child of God to know - to be able to say, "I am saved."

How many people in the church when I ask them if they are Christians say, "Well, I hope so," in a hesitating way? Another class say, "I am trying to be." This is a queer kind of testimony, my friends...

Suppose a man asked me if my name was Moody, and I said, "Well, I hope so," wouldn't that sound rather strange?  Or, "I'm trying to be Moody."

We can rely on what Christ says, "Ge that believes in me will not die but have everlasting life." 

I find a great many people who want evidence that they have been accepted by the Son of God. If you want evidence, take God's word for it. You can't find better evidence than that. 

I believe hundreds of Christian people are being deceived by Satan on this point. They have not the assurance of salvation just because they are not willing to take God at his word. There cannot be any peace where there is uncertainty.

If the Bible doesn't teach assurance, then it doesn't teach justification by faith; if it doesn't teach assurance it doesn't teach redemption. The doctrine of assurance is as clear as any doctrine in the Bible.

Because of my personality and lack of knowledge and faith, when I was first a Christian I could hardly believe I could be saved. I always felt like such a terrible sinner God would never take me to heaven. I know better now and I am learning to trust I will be finally saved and live with God which is my dearest hope.

No comments: