Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What Satan Says About Christians.

The Councils of God.

"One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. TheLord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

Apparently, in the councils of God, Satan comes to represent earth. At least he did this in times past before Jesus died for us.

Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

Then Satan answered the LORD and said, “Does Job fear God for no reason? Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But stretch out your hand and touch all that he has, and he will curse you to your face.”  Job 1:9-11

So, Satan accuses God's followers of loving him in order to be protected and also to prosper in this world. The other angels are listening. The other worlds are listening. How can God prove to them his people would follow him no matter what happened?

God gave an answer that shows nothing can happen to us without God's permission, "So the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, he is in your power, only spare his life."

The story of Job is a lesson in suffering and yet trusting in God. Most people in this world suffer if they live long enough. Job wondered why he suffered, he wished he had never been born, he complained to God about his treatment; but he never turned away from God. He said he wished he could talk with God face to face and God showed up.

We may not understand God's answer to Job but we should look at how Job reacted when he saw God face to face:



Then Job replied to the Lord:
“I know that you can do all things;
no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.
“You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.’
My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes.”

After Job saw God he knew God is all wise and wonderful. Seeing God was enough.

We may not know why we suffer and we may complain to God about it, but one day when we see God's face, we will be satisfied.




No comments: