Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Your Eye is a Lamp."

Jesus said, "The eye is the lamp of the body; so if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!"

The commentary in my Bible, New American Standard Life Application Study Bible says:

"A clear eye is one that is fixed on God."

"A clear eye sees the world through God's point of view."

I like what they said. I want to fix my eyes on Jesus and see people with his point of view.

5 comments:

betty said...

me too! I want my eyes focused on Jesus and his point of view indeed!! I liked that commentary too; very good reminder on where to keep our eyes!

betty

Belle said...

Yes, it sure is!

Clarence Heller said...

Reminds me of a favorite passage (Heb 12:1-2 NAB) "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith."

Belle said...

I love that verse, Clarence

Linda said...

Wonderful thoughts Belle and so true! We become what we behold so praise the Lord, lets behold Jesus and all that He is and become more like Him, Amen!