Friday, July 9, 2010

As a dove from Heaven.



I was half-way home from my vacation, sitting outside a motel at sundown when I heard the chatter of the birds as they said goodnight to each other. I smiled as I remembered the birds at my sister's house in Nevada. She has a bird feeder hanging on the front porch and many little birds come to eat each day. Then I remembered my own back yard. I often sit on the swing and listen to the birds, especially a certain owl who hoots away in the night and morning. I thought about how no matter where you go in this world there are birds. Even in the coldest areas on earth there are Auks and penguins. And when we were out in the hot desert, a roadrunner (Beep, beep!) darted across the road in front of our car. I had never seen one before and it was wonderful.

The thought then came to me that it was fitting for God to use a bird to represent the Holy Spirit, for He too is everywhere in the world. Like the birds, he brings joy, peace and beauty wherever he goes.

1 comment:

Bob said...

how true thease words are vicki x