Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Cat and the Dream.



My daughter's cat had three kittens awhile ago. We had found homes for all of them. They grew old enough to leave their mother, but one person kept putting off picking up her kitten. My daughter was getting concerned because the family was beginning to be attached to the little thing.

But the night before Mommy Cat was to have surgery to be fixed, my daughter Christine had a dream. God appeared to her in the dream and said, "Your cat will die tomorrow, but I have prevented her kitten from being taken so you can keep it with you." She woke up, but thought the dream was just from herself because she was worried about the cat.

The next day Mommy Cat did die on the operating table. Everyone was crying and Christine told us about her dream. My granddaughter Faith was comforted by the fact we still had the kitten. I praised God that He had spoken to my daughter and given her the gift of his presence. I think he showed the whole family how he cared for us and for the little animals of the world.

This morning I read in Luke 12:6, "Are not five sparrows sold for two cents? Yet not one of them is forgotten before God." To me, this verse shows the love of God for all his creation. Then Jesus went on to say, "Do not fear, you are of more value than many sparrows."

2 comments:

Liz said...

I am so sorry about the mommy. What was her name?

Belle said...

It was Eighteen. It is such a stupid name I didn't want to post it as people might get confused.