Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Bible


This morning I wanted to pray for someone new in my life. I knew that she had just started reading the Bible, and I also knew she had been visited by "spirit guides" in the past.

I opened my mouth to pray, as I have prayed thousands of times, but the words would not come. They wouldn't come into my mind or mouth. I kept trying and trying, but I couldn't find the words. I felt a heavy presence around me. I realized it was evil forces.
I called out to God, "Help me Lord, what should I do?"
"Go and get the Bible," he answered.
I went to my room and as soon as I picked up my Bible the oppressive presence left me. I was able to pray and I read out some verses.

I told God that I know I have no real idea of what goes on behind the scenes of good and evil. I only know there is a war going on for the souls of human beings, and I know he is stronger than evil and is always triumphant if we allow him to work. I thank him and praise him, "For his loving kindness endures forever."

2 comments:

Liz said...

Have you shared this story with the person you were praying for?

Belle said...

No, I don't feel it is my place as I just met her online once.