Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas.

It has been difficult to post lately as I have been either sick or shopping for presents. Now I am helping my daughter a bit, who is sick with the flu.

Shopping for groceries after having the flu was a difficult day and I was feeling very sorry for myself. Sometimes the fibromyalgia affects my legs and it is hard to keep on truckin'.

Now, when I feel self-pity, I do what Joyce says and quote scriptures and remember all the blessings God has given me and the whole world.

I'm especially thankful for Christmas because the family can all be together loving one another in a special way. I'm thankful we live in a warm house, snug and cozy while the snow falls outside. I'm thankful we have enough food to eat.

I'm thankful that God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him may not die, but have eternal life. I thank God that Jesus came and died for those who never heard about him, and will save them too if they listen in their hearts to his Spirit.

What was it like for Jesus to leave Heaven and become a little baby? Some day I will know the answer to this question and all my other questions. Sometimes I am so tired of this world, but I know that is ok because Jesus got tired of being here too. The Bible says so.

We weren't created for a world like this. We were created for a perfect world, and I believe that is what we are all longing for and why we feel so empty and lonely here. We were made for God and Heaven. Some day we will be where we truly belong.

No comments: