Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Strength of Eagles.


"...I bore you up on eagles wings, and brought you to myself."
Exodus 19:4

"Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not be weary,
They will walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

"When the dragon (Satan) saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.
But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place where she was nourished..."
Rev12:13-14


"Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your sins,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,

So that your youth is renewed like the Eagle.
Psalm 103:1-5

2 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Eagles are so majestic! I'm glad He didn't use sparrows!

Belle said...

Me too Betty! The picture in my mind of God lifting me up on eagles' wings gives me courage.