Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hope


"May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing with hope." Romans 15:13

Joy is never released through unbelief, but it is always present where there is belief. Believing is so much simpler than not believing. If we do not believe God, his word, and his promises, then we are left with the labor of reasoning and attempting to work out matters ourselves. (From the book, New Day, New You, by Joyce Meyer)

"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and over burdened, and I will cause you to rest." Matthew 11:28

I have been a Christian for many years, yet hope eluded me. So many awful things had happened in my life, I just gave up and hoped for nothing. But Joyce Meyer taught me to hope again by believing God could give me good things.

I began trusting God and believing he would work for me, that he would make my life happier. I started quoting the Bible each morning with words of praise for God and his power and goodness. Very soon I experienced happiness and hope, and soon God brought things and people into my life that made me happier and gave me the feeling of accomplishment. I no longer believed my life was useless.

Believe God loves you, believe he wants nothing more than to help you, and you will see some marvelous things happen.

No comments: