Friday, June 1, 2012

God Comes Down in Human Form.


God and two angels assumed human form and came to visit Abraham. They stood near his tent at noon; Abraham didn't know who they were at first, but he ran out to meet them and invite them in for food and rest. This is a good example of hospitality and Paul cites this story: "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

"Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son." Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him.

So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?"

Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?'
"Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."
Sarah was afraid, so she denied it, saying, "I didn't laugh." But the LORD said, "No, you did laugh."

I love so much about this story; Abraham's gracious hospitality, the fact God came down to visit and talk with Abraham which shows how much he loves us, how he didn't get angry at Sarah for laughing but he did call her on it! But my favorite verse is when God said, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

No. To the one who could create the vast universe and fill it with wisdom and beauty; nothing is too hard for the Lord.


3 comments:

Kerrie said...

Yep, God can do anything!

BelovedBomber said...

A truth I needed to be reminded of today...nothing is too hard for my God despite how my feelings are trying to deceive me. Thanks.

Belle said...

Good morning! God bless!