Monday, June 11, 2012

God's Guidence.


 Abraham wanted a wife for his son Isaac, but not one of the local girls who worshiped idols. He sent his chief servant to find a wife from his relatives who lived in Nahor. The servant came to the well of this city and  stood and  prayed,

 "O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. May it be that when I say to a girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'--let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master."

What did God do?

"Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milcah, who was the wife of Abraham's brother Nahor."

Rebekah said to the servant exactly what he prayed for and the servant praised God. 

I love this story because it shows how God guides us and helps us. Sometimes we can ask for a sign and God will give it to us as He did to Abraham's servant.

Rebekah said she would go and marry Isaac and the Bible says, "

"Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death."

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy to see that you posted today, Belle. This blog has really blessed me and helped me along in my relationship with God and I'm glad I found it through your other blog. I feel like He is using you to help me find my way.

Prayer is such a powerful thing and I believe God does help and guide us if we just ask. I can look back on my life and see how much prayer has helped me and how things went downhill when I didn't consult God through prayer first. Thank you for sharing this.

Just Be Real said...

Belle, thank you for making an effort to keep this going. I know you are going through a difficult time now. ((((Belle))))

Belle said...

Thank you so much both of you. You are so kind.

Today I started feeling a little better. My pills have been doubled so I may be getting better. I hope so, but even when I was sick I was content to be so if it was God's will. I know there are so many people who have it harder than me.

Sometimes I rush ahead without praying - always a mistake! :) Thanks so much dear sisters in Christ.