Sunday, December 9, 2012

Aging.



I'm 62 yrs. old now and it sometimes amazes me I have lived such a long time. I remember when my grandmother turned 61 and it seemed so old to me at 13. 

I recently had a dream about aging. I was at Disneyland and I looked in a mirror and saw how my hair had turned silver. I went into Geppetto's Workshop to buy a souvenir and decided to buy the the White Rabbit's pocket watch (from Alice in Wonderland). Time is running out. There is much more time behind me than before me.

I read these verses today:

But now, this is what the LORD says--he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1


God created me, he formed me when I was growing inside my mother. 
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13


Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

It is an awesome thought to me that God has been with me every moment of my life and will be with me when I die. He was there for my first breath and will be there for my last. Thank you God!





2 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Precious Belle.....

Belle said...

Thank you, you are so sweet.