Monday, December 17, 2012

Murder at Christmas.


When I heard about the killings at the elementary school I wished so much that this world would be over and done with. Tragedy, death, sickness, and suffering are all around us.

"Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mountains would quake in your presence!"  Isaiah 64:1

I read this verse this morning and thought, "Yes, come down God, come back Jesus and rescue us from this dark place."

I pray God will give comfort to all who were devestated by these murders. I know what it is to lose those you love. Even though God gives comfort and strength which is needed so very much- you miss those you love, especially at Christmas, on their birthdays, Thanksgiving dinner. Every time you hear or see something wonderful you think, "Oh, how I wish they could see this. How I wish things had been different."

I want to give thanks and praise to God for how he has helped us through the tragedies in our family. I used to wonder how I could ever cope with losing a child or grandchild. Now I know. God makes it possible - God grace is sufficient. 






2 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Amen. Appropriate post Belle. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Belle said...

Blessings to you also.