Friday, December 21, 2012

Grace - What is it?


I first saw this quote on the blog, "Not Unredeemed." Here is the link.

 http://notunredeemed.com/2012/10/03/vapor-31-days-of-truth-day-3/

Ever since I read this it has been rolling over and over in my mind. I take it to mean that we shouldn't look down or around us; we should look up to see what life really means. No matter what happens, God's grace is pouring down from heaven covering the world for those who would receive it. 

I talked about this with my mother and sister. They didn't agree with the quote at first and we decided to look up the word, "grace". These are the definitions we found.


a. Divine love and protection bestowed freely on people.
b. The state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God.
c. An excellence or power granted by God.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grace

My sister objected to the word "protection" in the definition; at least in the way we understand that to protect someone you would never let them get hurt or die. We decided the next definition was better.

a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification
b : a virtue coming from God
c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/grace

Divine assistance. We thought that was better than protection - even though we know God protects us many times from danger and death. 

One thing about my family. We debate everything; but I see that as a good thing. God blessings to all of you.




No comments: