Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What Would You Do If Someone Stole From You?




In his book, "Today is All You Have," Overton Stevens writes about a friend of his who belonged to his prayer group. Two of this man's employees had embezzled a lot of money from his company. He didn't know what to do about it so they all prayed.

"At the next meeting Jim said that the Lord had told him what to do. He had called the men and said he wanted to talk to them. When they came, they brought a list of the money they had stolen all totaled up. They agreed to take their just punishment.

Jim said, "You know, the Lord has told me that there must be something wrong with me that you would steal from me. We are friends. I feel that with all the children you have, I haven't been paying you enough or you wouldn't have to steal. I've decided to keep you in your jobs and raise your salaries. You can pay back the company over a period of time. I want you fellows to forgive me for being so thoughtless of your needs.

Jim now has in his organization two of the most loyal people you could ever hope to have. He says he couldn't have acted in this way before he was a Christian."

I love this true story because it shows how God would treat us and deal with us.

4 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Wow. That's quite an amazing story. I hope I can be that forgiving...

Linda H. said...

Wow. Not most people would do that.

Anonymous said...

Very true! God uses trials in our lives to teach us lessons about ourselves and others. A scripture that strikes me is Isaiah 66:9 "In the same way I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born..."
Hugs Belle ♥

Belle said...

Hello Sisters- It is amazing what God can do with our hearts! God bless.