Friday, June 7, 2013

Follow Me!

Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:38

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me. John12:26

He said to another person, "Come, follow me." The man agreed, but he said, "Lord, first let me return home and bury my father." Luke 9:59

As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him. Mark 2:14

At one point, Jesus told Peter twice to follow him:

Jesus said this to let him know by what kind of death he would glorify God. Then Jesus told him, "Follow me." John 21:19

Jesus replied, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me." John 21:22

The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, "Follow me." John 1:43

Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!" Matthew 4:19

Have you ever tried to follow someone in your car? They say, "Just follow me to my house!" All the time you are driving your eyes are riveted on that car. 

My aunt and uncle were visiting my family. They were from Canada and we met them in Los Angeles to show them to our house which was an hour away. Not being used to huge, busy freeways, my uncle lost sight of us and got lost. Freeways in Los Angeles often split in half and if you are in the wrong lane - too bad for you!

Eventually, after driving on and off freeways and going in circles, they got some directions and a map at a gas station and made it to our house. 

I have certainly noticed in my life that when my eyes are off Jesus and on me and my troubles then I do feel lost and sometimes go around in circles. Looking at Jesus strengthens my faith in and love for God.  and puts life in perspective.

"Follow me," he said over and over. It is like keeping your eyes on a fixed star in order to find your way home.

 "The fixed stars have always been the means by which we measure our position in the Universe. They were first categorized by their colour and were associated with the characteristics of the planets thereby."  http://www.qhdc.org/barclay/fxstar.htm

Jesus is a fixed star, "...by which we measure our position in the Universe."

"We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." Hebrews 12:2

2 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Keeping our eyes on Jesus is what it is all about. Thank you Belle for sharing. Blessings.

Belle said...

Hello Friend, Thanks and God be with you.