Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Pastor's Sermon.

A story is told about a man who preached an impressive sermon, seeking to be the pastor of a new church. Everybody loved it and voted for him to become their new pastor. They were a bit surprised, however, when he preached the same sermon his first Sunday there—and even more surprised when he preached it again the next week. After he preached the same sermon the third week in a row, the leaders met with him to find out what was going on. The pastor assured them, “I know what I’m doing. When you start living out this sermon, I’ll go on to my next one.”
http://getmorestrength.org/daily/hearing-the-sermon-again

This story makes me smile. He was a wise pastor. This also reminds me of me and how I need to learn the same thing over and over. Each time I read the Bible I think, "Yes, I need my heart to be full of these thoughts. I need to be reminded again and again.

I was reading a Bible study and came across this in the book of Numbers:

"Give the following instructions to the people of Israel: Throughout the generations to come you must make tassels for the hems of your clothing and attach them with a blue cord. When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the LORD instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do. The tassels will help you remember that you must obey all my commands and be holy to your God. Numbers 15:38-40

I love that idea. Wearing something that will remind you of God all day. I was thinking I'll make a bracelet  that is blue - like the cord and when I look at it I will remember God and all that he wants me to be.

No comments: