Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Mother.

My mother doesn't often question the ways of God. She prays, and accepts every answer God gives whether it is yes, no or wait. She is 85 years old, and the only time I have ever heard her question God is when my grandson Craig died. She told me she said to God, "But you promised to look after him."

That was her first response to the sad news; but of course, she has accepted God's will about Craig since then. She doesn't have much patience with people being angry with God because of what happens or doesn't happen when they pray.

She often says, "Even if all God ever did for us was send his Son to die so we could be saved - that's enough."

She can say this even after her only son died when he was 22. She had to watch him suffer with illness all his short life. She lost hours and hours of sleep taking care of him and then had to get up and go to work to help pay the medical bills. She has suffered in this life, but it has never made her bitter or angry. I'm thankful for such a mother.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know your mom is so right....we being a greedy people want more...okay so jesus died for us what else can I have......it is sad isn't it? thanks for being so faithful to stop by and visit my blog...it seems that my time is stretched so far that showing up long enough to do a post is bout all there is .....hugs to you Belle....

Just Be Real said...

Belle, appreciate you sharing this with your readers. Questioning God or not questioning God can be hard. Blessings my friend.

Belle said...

Hi friends! I know what you mean about time. Now that my sister lives with me and we visit our mother a lot, I don't have as much time to read and post as I used to. Hugs!

Real- I've often questioned God's ways. I'm not like my mom, although I wish I was. I'm learning to accept life as it comes and know that God's hand is upon us all and not to worry or question.