Sunday, November 17, 2013

Joy in the Paths of God.

Valley in Europe



"How blessed is the man whose strength is in You, In whose heart are the highways to Zion! Passing through the Valley of Weeping they make it a spring; The early rain also covers it with blessings. They go from strength to strength, Every one of them appears before God in Zion."
Psalm 84:5

When I read the Psalms, I put myself in them. I will admit, I don't put myself in the parts about vengance or enemies. But the happy parts of the Psalms help me so much.

I do feel happy I can go to God for strength. I need his strength so badly. Life would just be too much for me without Him.

In my heart is a highway to Zion. I long for heaven - to me it feels like that is my real, true life. 

I have passed through the Valley of Weeping. God does make the rain into refreshing springs. I'm sure there will be more weeping before I die or Jesus returns, but I trust in the Lord to refresh me and dry my tears.

I do go from strength to strength. As long as I live for God, he will lead me higher and higher. My faith will get stronger as I know him more.

One day I will appear before God in Zion! What a wonderous and beautiful thought. Thank you God for the hope of glory you have offered to all people. 

No comments: