Monday, September 8, 2014

Who do You Trust?

I was reading an article in which the writer asked, "Who do you lean on to fulfill and sustain you?"


I immediately thought of God first, my husband second and then my mother. Who do I go to first when there is bad or good news? Who do I go to first when I am puzzled and don't know what to do? Before I was a Christian I went to my friends and family. But I have learned that no matter how much your friends or family may love you, they are not always right in their advice. 

Not only are people wrong in their advice, they can say exactly the wrong thing; they can say something that cuts your heart or discourages you. They may not mean to but it happens. It happens because they don't know your heart inside-out like God does. God knows just how to help you.

I think it is good to go to those we love and trust for advice, but go to God first. After you have talked with him you may not need to talk with anyone else.

"Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left."  Isaiah 30:21

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."  John 16:13





No comments: