Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Who is God?

“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
or the strong boast of their strength
or the rich boast of their riches,
but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”

Jeremiah 9:23,24


I've been writing about different Christian songs that help me. When I listen to the song, "Above All," I picture the ancient powers that no longer exist and kings who are long dead. I think of how majestic mountains were made by God's hands and how he flung the stars across the universe. I think of the wisdom of man that is so small compared with God's wisdom. I think of the wealth of the rich, how they fill their homes with great paintings and other art, how they wear the best clothes, drive the most expensive cars and try to find happiness in these things.

Then I think of what God is like and how these things of the world cannot compare to him. Humans tend towards pride in what they have and what they do, but Jesus left everything behind to become a human being. He left his Father's side for the first time in eternity. Then he suffered excruciating mental and physical pain when he took the fall for us.

What an amazing God we worship! The Bible says, "God is love." He isn't just loving; he is love. 

Above All by Don Moen.

Above all powers, above all kings
Above all nature and all created things
Above all wisdom and all the ways of man
You were here before the world began

Above all kingdoms, above all thrones
Above all wonders the world has ever known
Above all wealth and treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure what You're worth

(Chorus)
Crucified, laid behind the stone
You lived to die, rejected and alone
Like a rose, trampled on the ground
You took the fall and thought of me
Above all

More lyrics http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/don_moen-lord_you_are_good#ixzz3kTPbp9FE






No comments: