Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You Are There.



"Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, You are there.
If I make my bed in the grave, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.
Psalm 139:7-10

I am 1,500 miles from the home I live and pray in, yet God has gone on this trip to Nevada with me. What a happy thought!

Jonah thought he could run away from God, but he couldn't do it, for God is everywhere. Even in the grave itself, this Psalm says God is with us.

Joyce Meyer says, "Sometimes we try so hard to get into the presence of God, but the truth is that it is impossible to get away from Him. He is in constant pursuit of us." From the book "New Day, New You".

6 comments:

SueH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SueH said...

I like that quote from Joyce Meyer! So often we strive to reach out to God, but He is with us always. Instead of reaching out we should be asking for our eyes, mind and heart to be open and recognise Him around us.

Don't know if your travels are for pleasure or business but praying for His continued protection as you are so far from home! ;-)

SueH

(I deleted the earlier comment - hit the comment button before I spell-checked - sorry!)

betty said...

Isn't Psalm 139 awesome?? We definitely are always in God's presence even when we might not feel it. One of my former pastors said God "hovers" us and takes delight in us; isn't that a comforting thing?

hoping you are enjoying your trip

betty

Belle said...

I am visiting my sisters in Nevada for two weeks. I'm having a wonderful time as I only see them once a year.
Sue- What you said it so true!
Betty- What your pastor said is indeed wonderful.

Clarence Heller said...

My very favorite psalm and Jonah is one of my favorite books of the Bible. Blessings on your trip. I share with you a poem I wrote about separation from God.

Jumping Off the Earth

Did you ever try to jump off the earth?
It would be easier to do that than to be
separated from God,
because the power of gravity is but a taste
of the attractive force of God's love.

Belle said...

What a beautiful poem! Thanks so much for sharing.