Monday, April 25, 2011

You Are My Witnesses.

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he."

"Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me."

I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no saviour. I declared and saved and proclaimed when there was no strange god among you, and you are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am God."
Isaiah 43:10-12

We are his witnesses. What are we witness to? God says we are witnesses that he is God; that there is none other than He. We are witnesses because we know and believe God and understand that he is the only God.

When people ask us if we believe in God, we have an answer. We have a witness, for we have witnessed what he has done in our own lives. God uses us even though we are weak and faulty so we can point people up to Him; we can witness that he is alive and he is our God.

3 comments:

betty said...

Amen! Wise words about being God's witnesses. We (people that believe) are how the word gets spread through generation and generation. We need to remember that in how we live our lives to always bring the glory and honor to him in what we do!

betty

Belle said...

Yes, you are right. It is an honor to pass on our belief in God to the next generations. I do want to bring honor and glory to God in all I do.

Luana Krause said...

Peter said, "To whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." AMEN!