Tuesday, August 6, 2013

God is Always Working.

A friend of mine has a daughter (I'll call her Sara) who was in deep trouble. Sara fell in love with a drug dealer and started taking drugs herself. She gave him all her money and maxed-out her credit cards for him. He asked her to move away with him so she quit her job and did that. Her parents begged her to stop seeing him. They begged her to come home, but she was adamant - she loved him and wouldn't leave him.

Her mother called our family and asked us to pray for Sara. We were all together at the time, so we stopped and prayed. We kept on praying, and I remembered what Joyce Meyer said, "Believe God is working." We believed God was working and he was.

Yesterday, Sara left that man and came home. We are all so happy and thankful to God for his strength and help. Waiting for Sara to come home was hard, but it was a lot easier when we believed God was working. Her mother said she had peace after we had all prayed.

Jesus said, "My Father is always working, and so am I." John 5:17

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are always working for us. Believe it.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
2:1-4 When tossed and perplexed with doubts about the methods of Providence, we must watch against temptations to be impatient. When we have poured out complaints and requests before God, we must observe the answers God gives by his word, his Spirit, and providences; what the Lord will say to our case. God will not disappoint the believing expectations of those who wait to hear what he will say unto them.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Isaiah 30:18

Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. Psalm 27:14

I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5

But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7



II will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. Isaiah 8:17

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:25

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:26




No comments: