Wednesday, August 14, 2013

God Understands You.

"...For the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts." 1Chronicles 28:9

Today, I told someone I couldn't go on long drives any longer because my fibromyalgia had become worse. The person I told this to rolled her eyes. I tried to defend myself and said, "It's just too painful." But, I could tell she didn't believe me.

It is hard to be misunderstood. It is hard to think someone doesn't believe you. This happens to all of us. My sister became too ill to work but her best friend didn't believe her. She thought my sister was being lazy. She was unkind about it and quit emailing and calling. The friendship was at an end.

My sister is in pain every day. She hardly has the strength to walk two blocks. She is sick. She wants to work. It was very painful to her when her friend didn't understand or believe her.

There may be no person on earth who understands us but we have a God who does. This brings me comfort and that is why I love the verse in Chronicles. God understands our pain, our hopes, our thoughts and everything we do.  

No comments: