Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Power of Love.

I was watching T.D. Jakes on TV today and he gave a sermon about the cross. He said it would be better not to study the "what" of the cross, but the "why" of the cross.

"For God so loved the world, he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not die but have eternal life." John 3:16

God so loved...

God so loved you...

God so loved me...

Jesus didn't stay on the cross because he was nailed there. He stayed for love.

When he was being arrested he said, "Don't you realize I could ask my father for thousands of angels to protect us and He would send them instantly?" Matthew 26:53

Jakes said,  "Love is the ultimate power in the universe." It took the power of love for Jesus to stay on the cross. If we want power, then we must love others as God loves us. Love is real power and God will fill us with it if we ask Him.

2 comments:

Just Be Real said...

I like TD Jakes. Belle, good word. Blessings.

Belle said...

Hi there Hon, My sister and I watch him three times a week. He is a wonderful example and preacher.