Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fake Christianity.

God said this about Israel, who were the believers in Isaiah's day.

"Yet they seek me daily and delight to know my ways, as if they were a nation that did righteousness and did not forsake the judgment of their God.

They ask of me righteous judgments; they delight to draw near to God. ‘Why have we fasted, and you see it not? Why have we humbled ourselves, and you take no knowledge of it?'

Behold, in the day of your fast you seek your own pleasure, and oppress all your workers. 
Behold, you fast only to quarrel and to fight and to hit with a wicked fist. 

Fasting like yours this day will not make your voice to be heard on high. Is such the fast that I choose, a day for a person to humble himself? Is it to bow down his head like a reed, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? Will you call this a fast, and a day acceptable to the LORD? 

"No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people.

And is it not to divide your bread with the hungry And bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him; And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?"
Isaiah 58:2-7

God hates it when people who say they are believers in Him act wickedly.

"Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations— I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly."

 "I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts, They have become a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing them. 
So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you; Yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen. 
Your hands are covered with blood." 

Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes. 

Cease to do evil, Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow. 

"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

Isaiah 1:13-18

"I hate, I reject your festivals, Nor do I delight in your solemn assemblies. 
Even though you offer me your burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; and the peace offerings of your fattened animals, I will not look upon them. 
Take away from me the noise of your songs; to the melody of your harps I will not listen."

 "But let justice roll down like waters And righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."
Amos 5:21-24

Many Christians misrepresent God.

It is sad that so many Christians misrepresent God, especially prominent Christians who are on the news, radio and television. These are the Christians the world looks at and then what do they think of God?

God hates they way these people act as much as the world does. 

Jesus said, " On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"  Matthew 7:22


No comments: