Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Birds of the Air.



So Jesus was saying, "What is the kingdom of God like, and to what shall I compare it?

It is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his garden, and it grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air made nests in its branches.”  Luke 13:18,19


In the spring I watch the birds from my balcony. They wing their way back and forth from the large tree a few feet away from my apartment building. They bring food back to their nests and I can hear the little ones chirping.

In the winter, every evening, dozens of birds fly back home into the same tree. They chatter away for awhile before going to sleep. I don't know why, but this always makes me smile. I guess because I know it is wonderful to have a home to sleep in. 

Jesus said, "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?"  Matthew 6:26

I have read hundreds of stories of how God has provided food for those who have none. If we are homeless, penniless with no food, I know God will take care of us if we ask Him. 

"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows."  Matthew 10:29-31

When you see a bird, remember God loves them and is with them. Then think of how much God must love you - a child of his in a broken world. He loves you - I know it because he loves me and I am a mess! lol  






No comments: