Friday, July 10, 2015

Beautiful Dreams from God.


Photo by:
http://www.flickr.com/people/8721758@N06
cropped photo

Well, in my last post I wrote about nightmares. I thought I'd even things out by sharing the lovely dreams God has given me through the years. I had my first dream from him when I was 19, and the last one was a couple of years ago. I'm now 65 years old. I think God sent me these dreams because I had such trouble believing he loved me and I would ultimately be saved. I have a lot of self-hatred, and when I get discouraged at my conduct I remember these dreams and they help me hold on to God.

1. I was not a Christian when I had this dream.

I was walking up a steep hill, like those in San Francisco. I was with a few friends and we were laughing and joking. All of a sudden there was a noise. I turned around and the sky turned jet black. Next a huge rainbow arched across the sky. I thought, "Jesus is returning!" I felt terrified. I woke up.

2. I started reading the Bible and when I went to an evangelistic meeting I gave my life to God. I was baptized. I had a dream immediately after the baptism.

I was standing in front of my parent's house holding my little girl's hand. I saw a cloud coming down out of the sky and I knew it was Jesus returning. I felt very happy.

3. I had been in therapy for years, mainly about my father who had abused me.

I was in church and my father was there. He looked at me meanly. I shouted. "You can't hurt me any more. God's angels are all around me protecting me." I walked out of the church and I now saw the angels all around me. We walked, and as we walked we sang. We came to a grassy place and sat down and sang a beautiful song. I looked and saw three crosses on a hill in front of us. The middle cross was suddenly covered in pink roses. Then I saw Jesus coming up over the hill with his arms wide open. I ran to him and he held me. I cried and cried but felt comforted.

4. Jesus and I were riding two black horses. We were laughing and looking at each other and having so much fun. All of a sudden the horses grew wings and we were flying up and up and I knew we were headed for heaven.

5. My grandson died four years ago. I had this dream.

I was at a hospital. My grandson was sick and I had to see him. I was holding a baby in my arms and also lots of papers. The elevator wouldn't work, so I had to use the stairs. It was very hard because of the weight of the baby and the papers kept falling out of my hands.

Jesus came up behind me. "Would you like some help?' he asked. "Yes," I said. He took the baby and we left the papers behind. He started walking down. "The elevator doesn't work," I told him. We got to the elevator and the doors of it were now gold. "Push the button," Jesus said. I pushed it and the door opened. I looked inside and there was heaven. Green grass, lots of people, and it was gorgeous. I looked at Jesus and we both smiled.

So, along with all the nightmares, I had glimpses of heaven and Jesus' smiling face. I do need to know Jesus smiles at me. I used to think God would kill me if I sinned in any way at all. I was wrong. He loves me just the way I am.


















No comments: