Friday, August 7, 2015

Little Miracles - Or are they Little?

Many times I see miracles from God. He gives me answers to questions, he does things for those I pray for and he brings me comfort in the midst of confusion.

This week, I've been visiting my daughter in Princeton, BC. Her two daughters, Hope and Faith, left Thursday morning for a music festival in Squamish. They would be tenting there for three nights. It should have been a 4 or 5 hour drive to Squamish, so we kept waiting for them to call and tell us they got there safely.

By 6:00 pm, we were getting worried. We tried to call and text them, but it said, "No service." My daughter, Christine, couldn't understand how there could be no service. I said, "It must be because there are thousands of people there using phones." Sometimes, that shuts down cell phone service.

I went online and looked up the festival on the internet. Someone had taken photos of the crowds and there was a girl that looked like my Faith!  I passed my laptop to Christine and asked, "Isn't that Faith?"  She looked hard and said, "There is a red Coopers bag beside this girl and Faith took one and there is also a tent bag like ours."  I said, "See, the girls are there and are safe."

But Christine couldn't believe it. She said she couldn't believe out of all the thousands of people at the festival a picture of her daughter would show up.  I said, "It's a gift from God to you." But she doubted it. She also became very, very upset and didn't know what to do. She wondered if we should drive there.

Finally, at 11:00 pm Christine remembered Hope had a bracelet to buy stuff at the festival and she could look online and see if Hope had used it. At first the password was wrong, but Christine finally remembered it; and yes, Hope had used it. So, now she knew for sure they were okay.

I am so used to God`s little miracles that I knew the photo was from him. I never felt really worried because I`ve also learned through the years to trust my family to God. That hasn`t been easy to learn, believe me. Mothers have the hardest time leaving their children in God`s hands. It isn`t that I know God won`t let anything bad happen to them; it is that I trust God that whatever happens he will be with them and me. My grandson died 4 years ago; so I know this from experience. God was with him, and he was with our family.

No comments: