Friday, June 10, 2011

Joy

"You make known to me the path of life.
In your presence there is fullness of joy.
At your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11

When I think of the pleasures of being with God in heaven, I envision smiling babies, beautiful music, miles of grass, flowers, tree, streams and mountains.

I see myself climbing a huge mountain, swimming with whales, playing in snow, having a picnic by the sea.

I see myself visiting with family, giving a dinner party, dancing to any kind of music I like, talking with Jesus and hearing his words of wisdom. I see my self flying off to explore the universe: every star, every planet, every nebula.

I know we can experience the joy and pleasures of God here on earth, and I do that.  But Heaven is what I look forward to with a deep longing in my soul. For heaven is what we were made for.

2 comments:

betty said...

amen indeed; we were made for heaven! I think Ecclesiastes says God has put eternity in our heart. I look forward to heaven, seeing Jesus and being with him (hopefully daily) sounds like heaven to me!!

betty

Belle said...

You know, Betty. We will meet up there too! Isn't that exciting?